2B Tech has adapted our AQLite Basic Air Monitoring Package and made it compatible with Clarity’s nodes. It has never been easier to make FEM-quality ozone measurements in remote locations while being able to access the data from anywhere in the world.
We are dedicated to the development of robust, high-precision analytical instruments for atmospheric and environmental measurements. Our ambient ozone instruments are designated Federal Equivalent Methods (FEM), as is the NO2 measurement of our Model 405 nm NO2/NO/NOx Monitor. Our instruments are used for monitoring and field research by many government agencies, such as NOAA, EPA, the US Forest Service, and local governmental organizations.
EPA Designated FEM Products
Our low-concentration ambient ozone monitors are designated by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as Federal Equivalent Methods (FEMs). The Model 205 Dual Beam Ozone Monitor offers the highest precision and baseline stability, while the Model 211 and 211-G Ozone Monitors are ideal when the primary concern is minimizing interferences from UV-absorbing species such as aromatic VOCs or mercury. Our handheld, battery-operated Personal Ozone Monitor (POM, at ~1 lb “the world’s smallest ozone monitor”) is also a FEM and works on the same principle as other ozone instruments in our lineup.
Trusted by Professionals
Our ozone calibration instruments deliver known concentrations of ozone for field and laboratory calibrations of ozone monitors, or for research projects. Agencies operating 2B Tech instruments include the National Forest Service, National Park Service, NOAA, and British Antarctic Survey.
Because of their low power requirements, compact size, and low weight, 2B Tech instruments and packages are widely used in remote locations and on platforms where deployment of conventional air monitoring instruments is not possible.
Be Confident in your Data
Put your trust in instruments that measure reliably and accurately.
Expand Your Monitoring Network
Use our low-power and compact instruments to grow your network.
Explore the Frontiers
Use our innovative instruments to advance your research in the field and in the lab.
- Monitor criteria pollutant levels (FEM ozone, FEM NO2, PM)
- Fill gaps in monitoring in data-sparse regions and communities
- Augment existing networks of brick-and-mortar air quality stations
- Use our mobile options to take air quality monitoring “on the road”
- Calibrate instruments in the field using our portable calibration sources
- Make fixed-point measurements of ozone, NOx, CO, CO2, PM, and SO2 in field studies
- Make measurements using aircraft, UAVs, balloons, towers, ships, etc.
- Make mobile measurements of ozone and other pollutants to identify emission sources and impacts
- Make measurements in remote locations using our low-power instrumentation
Wildfire Research & Management
- Increase monitoring of air quality in areas prone to wildfires
- Inform public health decision-making for downwind communities during wildfires
- Monitor pollution during recovery and rebuilding operations after urban fires
- Conduct laboratory studies of emissions from the burning of various materials
- Monitor emissions from controlled burns
- Monitor workplace exposure to ozone, mercury vapor, and other pollutants
- Use features of our instruments to alert workers in high risk settings when they have been exposed to an unsafe level of air pollution
Our flexible systems are compatible with just about any air quality problem. No matter the project, we’ll help you build out the perfect solution.
News & Resources
Several of 2B Tech’s portable air monitoring instruments have recently been featured in the press as part of an effort to raise awareness to growing air quality concerns.